Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Creating Magic in Families

This is a photo of my Mum and Dad's wedding day, just as my Grandmother created fabulous costumes and clothing for her children all their lives she also created beautiful wedding gowns and frocks for the bridesmaids. When her children were young, there would be times when a new dress would just appear on the bed of one of the girl's in the morning, just like the work of the 'Elves and the Shoemaker', my Grandmother was creating her own family magic. I think my Grandmother was a magical person. I have many warm memories of her,  as we would often go and visit her in Dannevirke when we were children. One lovely memory is of her wardrobe that was filled with Barbar the Elephant books, which we would bring out and she would read to us as we sat on her bed.

No comments: